This is to remind you that the Old Mutual Education Trust (OMET), in partnership with Denosa among others, brings you an exciting bursary opportunity for you, your children and spouses for the 2021 academic year.
The Old Mutual Education Trust provides educational benefits when studying full-time, part-time or through distance-learning. This applies to a first-time undergraduate Degree/BTech/Diploma, at an accredited Higher Education Institution in South Africa to Members, employees and their Dependants.
To apply for the bursary, applicants must have applied at a tertiary institution as the success of your application for the scholarship will require proof of acceptance at a public higher learning institution in the end.
What the Scholarship offers:
The amount of the OMET scholarship is determined annually by the Board of Trustees (the current amount is R65 000). The award amount covers the following:
• Prescribed books
• Approved study materials
• Meals, accommodation and transport allowance
• **Please note: the extent to which the above is covered is dependent on costs for the academic year at each institution and will not exceed the maximum award amount. **
Who may apply?
• A member of Denosa
• A child of a member of Denosa (inclusive of an adopted child or a stepchild)
• A grandchild or other child blood relation of a member of Denosa which is financially supported solely by the member and is not older than 25 (twenty-five) years
• A spouse of a member of Denosa or;
• If you are living together with the member of Denosa in a relationship akin to a marriage.
How to apply?
Applications will be open from the 1st of July until the 31st of August 2020. Application forms for download and filling will be available online.